6/14/09

Lily's Piano Recital


Lily had her recital on Saturday at the Steinway Hall. She played two pieces, one of which was Schubert's Serenade, on the grand piano, one of their best model. I was most amazed at the progress she had made and the confidence she had gained since the last recital. She told me tonight that she had enjoyed playing Serenade, that she felt herself into Schubert's music. Her friends Lumi and Ivy also did very well. Ivy was completely into the music, playing with utter enthusiasm. It was so lovely to see. The best performer was one of Lena's oldest students, who will be starting high school in New Hamsphire in the fall. It was his last recital with Lena, and I certainly will miss him. He played Pachebel's Canon in D so beautifully that it brought tears to my eyes. It is one of my favorite pieces of baroque music, and I had never heard it performed on the piano, but it brought back so many memories of my college years.

No comments:

Post a Comment