5/26/09

Nicolette Owen






Nicolette Owen is a very talented young florist whose Williamsburg apartment is one of the most interesting places I've seen. It's got more heart and soul than most of the expensively decorated houses that I am often paid to photograph. Nicolette's place, a typical old tenement New York apartment, is full of character, wonderfully romantic, and teeming with plant life. I did these scouting shots and now am wondering how I can convince Michelle to do a story on this place for Elle Deco, which lately has been tending toward the more glossy high end and less of the wonderfully eclectic.
In many ways, Nicolette's apartment reminds me of Sherry Olsen's cabin in the Berkeley Hills. It's no coincidence since both are highly creative women.

No comments:

Post a Comment